AeroNavData is a small company based in the United States specializing in the production and output of various types of Aeronautical Information. Our current offerings include the production and maintenance of Airport Mapping Data in accordance with Eurcoae ED-99B/RTCA DO-272B standards with digital delivery via AIXM 5.1. This highly accurate data can be consumed for numerous operational purposes such as Airport Ground Operations, Digital NOTAMs and Airport Moving Map (AMM) Displays.
ED-99/DO-272 Compliant AIXM 5.1 output from AeroNavData's AMDB Database displayed in Snowflake Software's ATM Viewer highlighting a Taxiway Closure at KBDL
AMDB ED-99/DO-272 Compliant Database
AeroNavData has developed a Database and Production Suite for ED-99B/DO-272B compliant base data for uses in various operational capacities which is highlighted by:
- Production team comprised of experienced pilots, air traffic controllers, and GIS analysts
- Selected features for 35+ major US airports: Runway Element, Runway Displaced Area, Runway Intersection, Taxiway Element, Apron Element, Aerodrome Reference Point
- QA process with automated, ED-99B/DO-272B rule-based data integrity and topological checks
- All published updates and maintenance following the AIRAC cycle, including NFDDs and Construction Notices
- Access to high-resolution, current satellite imagery
- Established communication network in place with US Military MajComs and airport managers for coordination of necessary airport updates
- Additional ED-99B/DO-272B features and supplemental data available per customer requirements
- Data Output available in AIXM 5.1 and shapefiles with planned support for future formats such as ARINC 816 to support Airport Moving Map Displays (AMM)
Since its inception in 2004, AeroNavData has worked extensively with the processing and encoding of various types of Aeronautical Data into AIXM:
- Developed reusable Application Programming Interfaces (API) supporting entire AIXM Core Model:
• Strict adherence to and validation against the AIXM Schemas
• Read/Write capability from one code base
• Support for AIXM 4.5, 5.0 and 5.1
• Expedient implementation of known extension sets for AIXM 5.0/5.1
• Conformance with existing AIXM encoding guidelines
- AIXM based Custom Software Development and Consulting Services; Customers include:
• United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• United States Department of Defense (DOD)
- Current AIXM CCB Membership
AeroNavData also offers extensive procedure coding capabilities. Through a certified process governed by our Type 1 LOA, we code and maintain all Standard Instrument Approach Procedures (SIAPs), Departure Procedures (DPs) and Standard Terminal Arrival Routes (STARs) in the U.S. in Aeronautical Radio Inc. (ARINC 424) data format. In addition, we have the capability to produce procedures in DAFIF® format or to translate DAFIF® data to ARINC 424.
We’re actively and eagerly involved in industry technical discussions on new trends and data formats and are proactive in the pursuit of contemporary solutions, such as the ability to encode, validate and transmit a wide variety of Aeronautical information in the AIXM 5.1 format.
Our approach bridges the gap between legacy aeronautical data management systems and AIXM’s comprehensive format.
Visit the AeroNavData website