smartAIM is an integrated, net-centric and SWIM-compatible solution designed to automate the management of Aeronautical Information. The solution is the basis for EAD and currently deployed at 700 AIS/AIM positions (EAD and non EAD) to meet customer needs worldwide. smartAIM is a platform that integrates an AIXM data repository with various functions, including digital NOTAM management, briefing, flight plan management and METEO management (smartINMO), digital charting (smartCharting), digital AIP authoring (smartAIP) and a state of the art AMHS system (smartMessenger).
- Flexible architecture: Through its unique service oriented architecture (SOA), smartAIM supports various deployment approaches, ranging from serverless solutions (Remote Server configuration) to fully-independent large-scale multisite/multi-cluster disaster recovery solutions (Local Server configuration).
- Flexible transition: smartAIM solves the technical issues faced when transitioning from AIS to AIM and reduces the potential operational difficulties associated with transition. AIS to AIM is made easy with smartAIM’s expert support for turning data into information. It allows both worlds to coexist for as long as required, without causing additional work. This also applies to the transition from AIXM 4.5 to AIXM 5.1 currently under implementation.
- Supports insourcing and outsourcing: smartAIM is designed to support both kinds of service provisions. Clients can choose to provide services to their peer organisations for some /all AIM tasks and/or choose to make use of services offered by others.
- Standards compliance: smartAIM offers a SOA-compatible access layer compliant with OGC Web Services. As a member of the OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium), Frequentis actively supports the development of the related standards. smartAIM complies with all relevant ICAO SARPS and documents.
- Safety first - Efficacity at the same time: Safety is the primary concern of AIM and a safety case for smartAIM is available: the suite is SWAL 3 compliant.
- Full EAD compatibility and customer base: Since they are based on the same COTS product, compatibility between EAD and any other smartAIM solution is instant: data exchange is seamless. The huge smartAIM and EAD customer base ensures that the system always incorporate the latest standards and technologies.
Visit Frequentis website